National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed for councils to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
Our council is offering a National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) course for youth in troops and crews. If you are not familiar with NYLT here is the bottom line...it is the premier youth leadership training course of the BSA...youth participating in this course will come back to your Unit better prepared and ready to lead!
Instead of a weeklong summer camp format, this course will take place over two weekends: October 7-9 and October 21-23, 2022 which opens the opportunity for more Scouts and Venturers to attend.
Who can attend the course?
- Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouts who are currently registered members of a Scouting unit.
- Scouts BSA members (male and female) must be at least 13 years of age. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) and have earned the First Class rank before attending NYLT.
- Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships (ILSC or ILSS).
- It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience. (While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.)
- Have a unit leader recommendation.
Scholarships are available, please email the contact below for more information.
$200.00 per Participant